Unusually Clever People

Climate Change Wins Nobel Prize for Gore

Congratulations, Al Gore.  You have your limitations as a politician, but as a teacher, wow.   Now, if we could only get one for Michael Pollan, who has completely altered the way a lot of people look at food–and made us as unhappy with our supermarkets as Gore did with our SUVs.

Posted by on October 12, 2007 at 6:28 am, in the category Unusually Clever People.

8 responses to “Climate Change Wins Nobel Prize for Gore”

1. Colleen says:

The news that Gore and the IPCC won the Nobel was the first thing I saw this morning–what a great way to start the day! As much as I wish he had been allowed to serve in the office we voted him into (ahem…) the work he’s done these past seven years has been phenomenal. As opposed to the person who did get the job. And I’m going to stop right there….

2. susan harris says:

Michele, thanks for posting about this. If I’d done it I might have gone ape-shit political and we don’t want that to EVER happen.

3. Colleen says:

Susan—I would have enjoyed seeing you go “ape-shit political.” :-)

4. El says:

Susan (and Michele and Colleen) I would’ve enjoyed it too. The news this morning almost made up for the heartbreak I felt in 2000. Nothing can make up for the last 7 years of heartbreak, though, ever.

5. The only good thing about 2000 was getting to see David Boies–dishy old man–on CNN every night.

6. jodi says:

A well deserved award, to be sure–even moreso than Doris Lessing winning the Nobel for Literature. and gee whiz, Susan, I can’t imagine you going ape-shit political; it would be fun to watch for a change because you’re normally so subdued and unlikely to stir the pot. :-)

7. If you were bummed by 2000, you’ll be cheered up by the best Al Gore song ever: http://www.remarc.com/craig/?p=208

8. Gore wins Peace Prize.
    Bush wins War Prize.

Thanks Supreme Court , you got it wrong again.