Real Gardens

Bloom Day, California Style

Silver_lace_vine
In Buffalo, Elizabeth’s silver lace vine (Polygonum auberti) continues to dazzle them…

Anemone1 And, also from New York, Michele has fabulous white anemones and yellow nasturtiums going strong.

Nasturtiums1

And in Maryland, Susan’s Knockout roses are still looking good, and there are more Bloom Day photos and links right here on her own blog.Knockout907375_2

Posted by on October 15, 2007 at 5:57 am, in the category Real Gardens.

14 responses to “Bloom Day, California Style”

1. eliz says:

I am posting of the real action in my garden on my blog as well. (The silver lace is kind of an interloper though welcome.)

2. layanee says:

So many great salvias!!! I have a few but not these. I love the lime one! The silver lace vine is impressive and the anemone…WOW. I am going to have to try them again!

3. Pam says:

Wow – love the Salvia confertiflora. I have a gazillion salvias (~20 or so) but not this one. It’s such a greedy obsession. Isn’t there something biblical…about not coveting thy neighbor’s salvias? I’ve broken one of the commandments and it’s only Monday.

4. Carol says:

Salvias? Not a one in my garden. What is wrong with me? I must find some that are hardy in zone 5.

5. Brooke says:

I am a salvia FIEND. What zone are the leucantha hardy to? I have them in my zone 7b garden. I wonder if they’ll make it through the winter and come back, I sure hope so.

6. susan harris says:

Damn, I’m having a really jealous moment.

7. My thoughts exactly. Damn, why did I ever leave LA?

8. Melinda says:

Truly, there are many reasons for living in California and this is one! However, in mid-June, we will be pining for the cooler days…

9. Lisa at Greenbow says:

Yes, it is like another world out in CA. Love the blossoms.

10. Stuart says:

You people have purple tibouchina out your way too? I thought we held that mantle!

Gorgeous blooms nonetheless Amy.

11. Carol says:

I’d be less tempted by houseplants if all that was in my garden in January.

12. Carol says:

I’d be less tempted by houseplants if all that was in my garden in January.

13. Pffffft, do you call that a garden? 😉 I live on the west coast too and you should see my daisies, they’re the envy of many a gardener, west or east coast based.Not forgetting my gorgeous roses of course, and the winter jasmine and ……
    Well just take a look for yourself and weep! :-)

14. commonweeder says:

Go ahead! Rub it in! I can take it. Snow outside and very few blooms inside, but I am grateful Thanks for the beautiful pix.