Uncategorized

Lawn Gets Busted for not being Green Enough

Run right over to Ketzel Levine’s Talking Plants to see what an illegal lawn – in Arizona, no less – looks like.  There’s also a photo of the lush, green lawn of the neighbors who ratted on the not-so-green lawn.  The too-obvious question is: which makes more sense in the desert?

Posted by on August 2, 2007 at 1:05 pm, in the category Uncategorized.

6 responses to “Lawn Gets Busted for not being Green Enough”

1. shira says:

I’d better hope that my neighbors don’t read this blog (in fact looking at their gardens I’m quite sure they do not read any sort of garden blog) or the police ought to be showing up any minute. I have that same brown parched lawn – but I live in New England.

2. John says:

We all know this, but let’s hear it: a brown lawn is often the responsible thing to do in the summer months, and is completely natural for some kinds of grasses. What’s so wrong with a dormant lawn? As long as the grass is cut, it looks perfectly neat.

Adding Tempe, AZ to my mental list of places to avoid…

3. Ellis Hollow says:

I think that the problem is that someone has been using this new lawn care product: http://www.theonion.com/content/node/36610

4. Diana Kirby says:

In Austin, Texas, we can relate to the lawn wars. Normally, everything here is pretty dead or dying by now. THIS year, tho, we’ve had 20 ” MORE than an average year’s rainfall – already. And the City is complaining because they are losing water bill and electric bill $$ because we’ve had cooler weather and rain for 40 days and 40 nights! Isn’t that funny?! But our gardens are pretty darn happy (with the exception of a little fungus here and there!) I love your site and your book, Amy – I want to give everyone I know a copy of your book. My copy is already on loan to friend #2! I’m a brand-new garden blogger (1 week!) and loving it.

5. eliz says:

Thanks for posting this–I had never read that blog. I see there is also an interesting discussion of the caster bean plant.