Uncategorized

To illustrate Elizabeth’s point…

Since she mentioned "those weird seed mixes and rolls of seeds for ‘instant gardens’," I had to pass along this link to a howler of a product, thanks to tipster Christopher in Hawaii.

Now if anybody can tell me how to put a hyperlink in a comment, I’ll be mighty grateful.

Posted by on May 6, 2007 at 9:48 am, in the category Uncategorized.

10 responses to “To illustrate Elizabeth’s point…”

1. Susan says:

That video is almost beyond belief. I am deeply curious about what kind of response they get to a product like that: How many people are actually taken in by such a thing? And how many of those demand their money back? I especially like the “cut it into shapes and put it anywhere.” And you won’t have to “waste time” putting those plants in the ground. Oy.

— Susan from South of the River

2. Carol says:

Someone should volunteer to try it and let us know how it turns out. Not me, someone else!

3. eliz says:

I actually did shake out one of those “shade mix” can-o-seeds in one spot. There remains one rather nice plant that comes up every year and spreads. A hardy geranium (I think) with deeply cut foliage and distinctive white flowers.

4. Ellen says:

“Biodegradable, environmentally friendly, retains water and supresses weeds.”

Hey, I do all of those things, but not for $19.95….I’m priceless:)

5. Genie says:

Actually, I blogged about the same product, and I’ve got a commenter who’s giving regular updates in the comments of my post — he’s giving the Roll n Grow a try! Since I don’t think I can do live URLs in the comments, I’ve put the link in the URL linked to my name. It’s pretty hilarious — he’s not having a heck of a lot of luck, but something’s coming up, at least…

6. Marte says:

Susan, I tried to add a link in a comment using HTML and received an error message “This blog does not allow HTML comments,” so I don’t think it is possible.

7. The way I have always done links in the comments here is to copy and paste.

The html is not accepted and you can’t make key words in the text a link, but you get a link. I then have to prove I am not a robot spammer by filling in a text passcode.

8. susan harris says:

Thanks, Christopher! I’ll show my gratitude by stopping by your new place in NC to help you start your garden. And I”m not completely kidding.

9. cate says:

Ha! Video comes up right on their front page. I couldn’t watch the whole thing. More like Roll (with laughter) & Groan. The best part is where the narrator of the video says “no more spending hundreds -even thousands- in a nursery, and then you still have to WASTE TIME putting them in the ground!”

This is the difference between gardening and “yardening,” right?

10. firefly says:

TypePad can be configured to accept HTML code in comments, which would also let you do bold and italics with tags.

I’ve had comments set up with HTML-formatted tags but when I previewed I lost all the coding, so I just muttered a lot and abandoned ship.